Rite Aid Blaming My Mother For Switching Prices On Maxi Pads

review #469806

In May, my mother decided to go to Rite Aid to purchase Maxi Pads.The price was supposed to be $2 because of a sale and so my mother went up to the counter and the cashier said that it came up to $5.

My mom said that it was total bs so she asked the cashier if she can see the manager. So the manager walks towards the counter and my mother told the manager about what happened and he claimed that my mother switched the prices around. I found this out because i was over my grandparent's on a Friday night and my mother came in all upset.

So my mother called corporate and all that Rite Aid gave was a gift card, but the manager was not fired.Rite Aid should look at their security cameras before accusing someone of doing something that they didn't do.

97958ce
Had an experience with Rite Aid?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
anonymous

Aug 09

A lot of want to bes work as security in Rite Aid. A suburban Phila store has a paranoid security guard that follows just about anyone around the store. He's obvious about it and can afford to do it since the store is so slow. The other store staff should be worried about customer service and not playing a game of private eye gotcha. Yes keep fraud and theft in mind but the priority should be customer service until proven they are proven to be thieves. Suspicions don't count.

YouAreNotSmart

Aug 07

So... you are complaining because your mother did something that's illegal? Or are you complaining because you can't afford $3??

Skullpuppy

Mar 12

SHE IS NOT IN JAIL.SHE DID NOT CHANGE THE PRICES AROUND SO UNLESS YOU WERE THERE SHUT YOUR *** MOUTH BECAUSE I'VE HAD ENOUGH WITH EVERYBODY'S HORRIFIC COMMENTS.*** YOU

0 2 Reply
Joan

Apr 24

How about now, skullpuppy? Mom in jail? Any other adventures to report?

Joan

Mar 11

Hey skullpuppy! Mom in jail yet? Give us an update on your crazy life!

No name

Feb 10

Not all Rite Aids have cameras throughout the store. Usually just one camera at the entrance and some outside. That doesn't mean they record who comes in there either. Some people are notorious for changing signs, but a simple explanation about the price and error of the sticker should have been made.

Zack

Jan 12 Toronto, Ontario

To same anonymous. Nothing wrong with your English. I can tell you were not accusing her, her mother, her dog ect of switching the tags. The problem is the way she read it. In other words the problem is skullpuppy's reading of English, not your written English. She is angry at the manager and taking her anger out on others.

Jan 12

The tapes were reviewed. I am sorry I got angry at you. I just thought you were the manager because you said the same thing he said. Perhaps someone else switched the tags. He was not addressing my mother but he was implying she did because she had done this before. But right now I am really angry with Rite Aid. They are pressing fraud charges against her and it is making her ill, she is not eating and losing weight. This was recently during Christmas. I am angry because at that time when they did accuse her indirectly she was not switching tags. This whole thing is not only causing her stress but financial things as well. Our lawyer alone is taking this case for $5000. He said he may be able to get her off the fraud charge if she takes a lesser charge of theft.

Jan 13

I apologize as well. I was trying to make a better perspective on things, and I ended up causing more problems. I never meant for that because I just wanted to help. I am also sorry to hear about the charges your mother is facing because that affects the whole family. I do hope things work out for the better really soon!

Captain obvious

May 15

If your mom was switching tags in the past and was caught them she deserves what she got. She's clearly a fraud and should be prosecuted. You and your family need to stay out of retail stores you are all pond ***.

1 0 Reply

Jan 09

Meh, to be honest, price switching often happens more on clearance items though I don't work at Rite-Aid to know if that have clearance sections. Believe it or not, it happens. However, directly accusing your mother to be the one who switched them is certainly terrible service. (Not job terminating serious, but it's a very serious matter)

But that doesn't mean I think they should honor the price because what if someone else really did switch the prices? Why should Rite-Aid suffer because of that?

Jan 10

But my mother did not switch the prices at that time. Stop making false accusations. You must work for rite aid.

Jan 10

My apologies for the confusion. I may have not worded my previous post very well, and I would like to elaborate on what I said before.

It is as I said, "However, directly accusing your mother to be the one who switched them is certainly terrible service." I agree with you that your mother received terrible customer service. No customer should ever be directly accused of this matter.

I also said, "What if someone 'else' really did switch the prices?" I refer to, someone else, to be anyone who wasn't your mother.

Finally, I also stated, "I don't work at Rite-Aid," so please stop making false accusations.

I do hope you find better service in the future with Rite-Aid as well as any business you may choose to attend.

Jan 11

SO are you implying that, that someone else is me. if you knew how to read you would see that I was not at the store at the time. I did not switch the tags, my mother did not switch the tags and before you go around making any accusations no one I knew switched the tags. Are you the manger of this store, because this is exactly what he said, They could not honor the price since someone else switched the tag. That is just working around saying that she switched the tags without proof. You want proof it was not me, or her or anyone I know, go review your video tapes from May 19th 2013 at about 7-8pm.

Who do you mean by someone else, my mother, a friend of my mother. I want to know who you mean by someone else because my mother is really upset when she was charged with fraud.

Jan 11

I see why I did poorly in writing classes. My teachers always told me to be detailed as possible, so I do apologize for not being detailed when refrring to someone else.
I implied someone else as any random customer who may have been in the store during or prior to your mother's visit. I am aware that she and no one else that you or her knew was there. This person could have switched the tags.
I do agree, there is no way anyone would have known the tags were switched. It wasn't her fault. She shouldn't have been accused. It was wrong.
I am not the manager at Rite-Aid. I can't be a manager at a store I don't work in because I stated twice already that I don't work at Rite-Aid. Since I don't work at Rite-Aid, I won't be able to watch the video tapes.
This brings my next question. If said tapes were to be reviewed at May 19th, 2013, why is the complaint being made eight months later? You do not have to answer if you do not wish to.

anonymous

Jan 09

So why isn't your mother doing the complaining? I assume your mother is a mature adult woman and perfectly capable of taking care of herself.

Jan 10

That is because they again accused her of switching the price. They said they caught her on camera and they accused her of fraud. This was a different item. They lied and said that switching prices on items is fraud. They make up their own charges. My mother did not steal anything, switching prices is not fraud. They say my mother has been doing this for a while and it is on camera. Now they are threatening to charge her with a made up charge. There is nothing illegal about switching prices in the store in hopes of getting it for a cheaper price. What is illegal would be if she took the item without paying. But guess they think they have the right to make up their own lies. My mother is still upset and distraght about this while thing. My mother said that at the time when they accused her of switching the pads she did not do it. Even if this is illegal(only to right aid there is no law against this) she did not do it that day. They just think she did because she did it before. Today she was followed out by two rent a cops who arrested her for "fraud."

Jan 11 Ovenden, England

Not to mention the fact that the mother mother kept insisting the pads were for $2 made her more suspicious. If someone else had switched the price or tags she would have accepted it instead of acting like a kid. Maybe her constant insisting it was the right price made her look guilty. Besides there are holes in the daughter's story. I have a feeling her mother got caught doing something illegal and is upset about it.

As far as I am concerned it is illegal. I don't know about US, but in England it is illegal. From what I am reading it is illegal there. Yeah, "fraud" or theft or whatever you call it.

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rite Aid.
Filing a new complaint about
×