Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Rite Aid Caused me to lose my family physician

On Friday the 13th, I lost my family doctor, because a bald headed middle aged pharmacist named Flanagan speculated and gossiped about my pharmacy report. He did not want me to have my pain medication. I almost died of blood clots two months earlier, I live in Parkersburg, W. V., and I call it helltown because everyone here acts like hillbillies. I have to take blood thinners, shots in my stomach, and it is painful along with my other disabilites that include lung surgery,and my brain is to large for my skull. I am sixty-one years old and disabled. Why are the pharmacists allowed to override a doctor? This is what happened, and I had no overlaps of medications and this *** is putting my life at risk with his speculation. He should be fired.

@ greatidea........

you're right. the 4 years doctors spend in med school, i spent in pharmacy school learning about medications. In fact many of the local doctors call me to ask me what i think would best treat the diagnosis they have just given their patient. Seeming as how you have absolutely no idea the education I have received, but still feel inclined to make such a comment, I question your level of education.

And in fact, I could also fix your car dumb@ss

#311974

Do we now have pharmacists making medical decisions without a medical liceince or the complete medical background of the customer? Why do we need to see a doctor, we can go to Riteaid and get treated by those people behind the counter?

What a great idea, see an undereducated pharmacist and get your meds at the same place. Maybe they can also fix my car.

Your brain is 'to' large for your skull? That hardly seems likely.

#201316

A prescription from a physician it does not mean that you can get you medicine at pharmacy. When a pharmacist suspects any misuse of prescrition medicine he/she has lawful right to verify or refuse to fill it

It is the pharmacist's right if they do not want to fill a prescription. Perhaps when he was reviewing your patient profile, he felt that you were misusing your medication or abusing it.

Was it very early for your refill? The pharmacist should have called your doctor to verify any shady details that he may have suspected.

View more comments (4)
Review
#194273 Review #194273 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rite Aid in Rye, New York - Liar at RiteAid

I usually AVOID the RiteAid store at NY Grand Central and enjoy shopping at Duane Reade or CVS where employees are 100 times nicer and the stores are cleaner, but I unfortunately stepped in the store today to buy a few things in a hurry before catching a train. The RiteAid clerk was arrogant and did not say a word - not surprising - but when I returned a minute later for a question about the price of toilet roles, I was told something unbelievable. She was like "that's why I asked you if you had a member's card, and you said no, and when I asked if you were interested in making one, you said no". EXCUSE ME!! She did not even open her mouth while I was checking out. When I suggested that there had been no conversation, she ordered (!) me to go to the end of the customer line (there were about 7-8 customers). After some futile conversation, and left the store but not before throwing the bath tissues at the LIAR's face. I honestly hope that Duane Reade or CVS acquire RiteAid and replace (or at least educate) its sales associates!
#194399

Clearly toilet paper is an essential item needed to pick up your kid from daycare. Seriously, You couldnt wait till after, when you wouldn't be in a rush?

Then maybe you wouldnt have caused such a scene, and maybe listened to the girl. I'm sure you were a ray of sunshine when you bitched about prices to her.

#194396

No one cares that youre in a hurry. NO ONE.

It is no reason to make a scene over prices and cutting others in line. That is extremely rude. Just becuase the others are not in hurry doesnt mean that you can walk all over them. This isnt really a complaint, this is more a complaint of how you have trouble listening to the sales associates.

And youre lucky you didn't get charged with assult for throwing things at the poor girl.

You should probably take some manners classes, you were probably extremely rude to her, and stop trying to defend yourself in this, becuase we all know youre wrong, and clearly the girl at the counter and everyone in line did too. You are the reason why sale associates hate their jobs.

I am sure those people in front of you found you rude and disrespectful. How do you know they were not in a hurry.

What makes you think you are so special that you can cut your way in a line. if the cashier let you cut in line we would be reading a different complaint about how the cashier let some impatient self absorbed lunitic cut in line.

I think you are angry because the cashier treated you like a child who was impatient, and you acted that way. Learn to wait your turn, or shop when you are not so busy.

I don't care if those people were in line before me. Don't you know how to read I was in a hurry and it would not have taken me that long to make my purchase, and it is not like anyone complained when I cut in line.

I was in a hurry, so I should have been helped first. I had to pick up my children from daycare.

Obviously you did not hear her, ever consider that. Perhaps you should make an appointment with a doctor and have your hearing tested.

Honestly you cut in line, then when she does not stop to help you you throw things at her. How old are you three?

View more comments (4)
Review
#193004 Review #193004 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rite Aid a glorified convenience store.

Rite Aid is officially a grocery store! On Memorial Day, I desperately needed a prescription to be filled for pain and shingles-related medication, as I was in the beginning stages of the illness and literally climbing up the walls with agony. At the crack of dawn I immediately went out to find any pharmacy I could, only to find them all closed due to the holiday. I then thought, "Okay, these pharmacies are Mom and Pop businesses, so I'll cut them some slack. Let's go to Rite Aid, a huge chain that can afford to be open on a day like this." Went to the local Rite Aid, saw that it was opened. Breathed a sigh of relief. Went to the back of the store to where the pharmacy was located and what do you know? The damned pharmacy was chained up. Asked the cashier when the pharmacy would be open and was given a vague response. Now it would've been one thing had Rite Aid closed entirely. But to partially open its doors to customers wanting non-essential *** like food, haircare products, magazines, and beach items while shunning people with real medical problems is ludicrous. I can't think of a better example of just how much of a joke Rite Aid has become as an alleged "pharmacy." It's nothing more than a glorified grocery store at this point. Thank God for CVS or I would've not only missed work for an entire day but been in sheer agony for the next 24 hours.
#662032

Maybe pick your pills up on the day before a holiday. Or two days before.

Nope. The entire planet should be there on the palm of your hand, ready to fulfill your every whim. "It's a holiday?

No matter, we'll stay open in case atomicgirl shows up! We figure most people are smart enough to know that stores close on holidays, but she's a special case."

I don't see why it's fair to expect other people to cater to your needs on a holiday that they deserve to have off too. Just because they work for a corporation with lots of money doesn't mean they don't have the right to have days off like you do. Frankly the whole store should have been closed, and if the pain was that bad, the emergency room at the local hospital can fill the prescription OR the doctor can give you samples.

#199817

Wanna know the truth? Rite Aid owns and operates every single one of their pharmacies.

They close the Pharmacies on major holidays and yet leave the "front end" of the store open. The name IS "Rite Aid Pharmacy", yet the most important part of their store is not open on holidays.

The reasoning behind this, according to corporate, is so that pharmacy employees can enjoy time with their families on holidays. Yet, front end employees are treated like chopped liver, forced to run what amounts to a general store while their morale slowly runs lower and lower.

irish, don't know what you think you know about rite aid but it's not as much as you think since they do own the pharmacy thus the name rite aid pharmacy!

captobvs

Actually I have found this to be true on many occasions. So much so that our county and the neighboring one kicked them out and brought in Walgreens and CVS.

captobvs

Dear Irish,

You're a ***, low life piece of human trash with nothing better to do with his life than to troll people on the internet. Guess it's to compensate for your p**is size, which also unfortunately matches your IQ.

So I won't dignify your verbal diarrhea with a further response.

Have a nice day! ;)

Just one more thing: if any other piece of human refuse like "Irish" wants to troll my complaint, go right ahead. Just know that I won't be responding and that all you'll be doing is confirming why I often don't take the internet as a serious medium anymore.

It's just become a haven for basement dwelling, antisocial losers to go online and act like "Internet Tough Guys", when in reality they would never dare talk to me or anyone else in public the way they do without wetting their pants.

BTW, Irish, lay off the booze and try to do something for your countryman other than playing up the stereotype that they're nothing more than a bunch of antisocial, belligerent alcoholics. Surely you can do that, right?

Dear Irish,

You're a ***, low life piece of human trash with nothing better to do with his life than to troll people on the internet. Guess it's to compensate for your *** size, which unfortunately matches your IQ.

So I won't dignify your verbal diarrhea with a further response.

Have a nice day! ;)

This happened memorial day and you are still upset. You need to get a life.

Also since when was food non essential. You were on holiday that day and like you are entitled to your holidays the pharmacy is also.

Also Genius, the pharmacy is not part of Rite Aid, they just rent the place. I guess the shingles interferred with your brain and temper.

Or perhaps this whole letter is falsified because you work at CVS and your employer is paying you to post this?

View more comments (9)
Review
#191851 Review #191851 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rite Aid in Albany, California - Unprofessional employee

I went into the rite aid on 21st and s st. is sacramento and their women clerks were talking and texting on there phones talking about mens privates and sex.I was in the store with my two grandchilds I wont be going back to that store because the environment is sick and my grandchildrens dont need to hear those kind of things.Not to mention the employees walk around the store flirting and touching each other how do rite aid hire employees like that unproffesional employees make a unpleasant environment and loose customers and profit I am one less customer for rite aid
Review
#190349 Review #190349 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rite Aid in Atlanta, Georgia - Riteaid in Murfreesboro,Tn Sucks!!!

The Riteaid in Murfrresboro,Tn sucks. The store is located on Middle Tennessee Blvd. The manager is NEVER there. When I asked when she would be there they said she was on vacation. She is always gone. She never works nights or weekend. Everytime I go there there are different people working as the Mgr.Nobody can do anything. They can't even do photos there because the machine is either down or noones knows how to work it. I call Mr. Briggs the District Mgr. He never called back. I was told he Never calls back. The Mgr of the store is very rude, a dingbat and needs to be replaced. It seems Riteaid thrives on hiring Idiots. They all SUCK!!! I'm going to Walgreens from now on!!!
Review
#190063 Review #190063 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rite Aid in Reston, Virginia - Unreliable

rite aid at 71-18 kissena blvd in flushing is very unreliable. they say they will do something and never do . mislead you about everything from medication to delivery.say they will deliver and never do and wont even notify you if the delivery is going out or not so your left without medication... they will also not notify if theyre out of meds until u find everything out the hard way . SO unprofessional . they should have every one in that pharmacy replaced with more capable people . im not sure if i should continue doing business with that company. fed up .

Rite Aid Forgets Way Too Many Times

The Rite Aid Pharmacy in Milwaukie, Oregon has gotten on my last nerve. I routinely go to the pharmacy to pick up prescription medications for my boyfriend's mother (she is disabled). She likes to get all her meds at one time, so we don't have to keep going back. However, there have been so many times that the Rite Aid pharmacists have forgotten to give me one or two of her medications. And I have to drive back and get them. Even when I ask them, "Is that all the medications there are for her?" and they tell me yes, I still have to drive back because some bozo forgot about one. I wouldn't go to them at all if it were my medications. My boyfriend's mother has called them on many occasions to tell them that what they're doing is unacceptable, but they still continue with their behavior. It's infuriating!

Um yeah no. The Rite Aid I go to is not understaffed at all.

If anything, they're over staffed. Sometimes I see so many people working behind the counter that they actually run into each other.

I agree with you that they could stand to be paid more and have better working conditions, but their in the customer service position, and so far they suck at it.

maybe you can be proactive and call it in over the phone a day ahead.....i know its a hard concept because everyone thinks they are the only person in the world that needs anything...but sometimes planning a day ahead (or two....just think of the possibility) eliminates all the agravación and enables you to make one trip. There are over 3000 prescription products and they dont know you are coming in.....they dont stock pharmacies with crystal balls.

The only way they can preplan for you is to have you on automatic fill.. why dont you do that? then they call you when its ready instead of you getting pissed all the time.

these people work hard for minimum wage and the pharmacists are overloaded with work...if others had to work under those conditions...no breaks...no lunch.....standing 8 to 10 hours straight...they wouldnt be able to do it physically and the mental strain is immense....4 phone lines ringing in...people standing around staring.....interrrupting constantly and trying to remain at 100% perfection.....how many other businesses can run like that?? And the result of any mistake can be catastrophic .....give the peopl

View more comments (1)
Review

Rite aid advertises stuff they already sold

well went to rite aid last year still buggs me, well the ad said so much off of summer stuff, well i get in there and ask where it is cant find it, the guy says well that stuff already sold before the ad came out , i was confused, i was like huh? he said well they put that in the ad incase theres anything left, i said well why dont they check before they put it in the ad, he said well that would be too hard for them , well dont worry about me driving 10 miles for nothing, its better to inconveience me then themselves , well needless to say i havent been there since i dont need rite aid that bad

Hey, *** "Rite Aid Loyalist/ Drunken Irish ***"... if you two losers spent half as much energy trolling PC as you do making something of your lives, just think: you might actually be able to live on your own (as opposed to camping out in your Mom's basement) and *gasp*-- might even know for the first time what it's like to ***! :eek

#662033
@I Hate *** Trolls

Everything they said was correct and made perfect sense. Your response was 'trolling', and if I had to pick which of the three of you is likely to live in their parent's basement my choice would be you, hands down.

You act like a child, whereas they did not.

That being said, RA Loyalist and Irish are completely right. Stores get seasonal merchandise in one or two big shipments in the month leading up to the date when the seasonal merchandise is actually set on the salesfloor. After that it is not replenished.

It cannot be reordered.

The ads are printed for all stores in that region, weeks ahead of time. Expecting the flyer at your local store to completely accurately portray the product on hand is beyond ridiculous.

Why did you not get your parents to take you to Rite aid earlier? You are most likely 8 years old judging from your poor spelling and reasoning skills.(I remember the word "bug" being on my second grade spelling list and you misspelled it.) Rite Aid runs their ads for every store in the state country, so it all depends on which store you go to. The one your parents took you too, the summer items were sold out. From your letter it appears that you actually are old enough to drive. How did you even pass your driving test when you cannot spell simple second grade words nor reason like an adult? I don't think they need your service, with your lack of education you probably don't spend much money there anyway because you most likely don't have a well paying job. Ever heard of puncuntation?

Right Aid Royalist

This person has the reasoning skills of an eight year old, what do you expect? Not only that she acts like one as well, throws a temper tantrum when the items she wanted were not in stock.

Its very easy to tell when someone just has not worked retail or fast food, or any job of that sort in their lives. You just look through your tiny little peep hole in life and expect the perfect scenario being a customer.

Rite Aid is a nation wide store broke down into regions. A thousand stores could be in your region. They print the Ad having to assume that the product is still in stock. Now because the one store you went to doesn't have the one product you want Rite Aid (or any store for that matter) is supposed to shred the thousands and thousands of Ads and reprint all of them stating that in the store that you stopped at is out of summer "stuff".

Brilliant.

Besides that it was seasonal merchandise, you didn't think to call and ask if SEASONAL (which means that summer 'stuff' only comes in at the beginning of summer) merchandise was in stock. Stop thinking like a customer, and start thinking like a logical human being.

View more comments (3)

Rite Aid in Washington, District Of Columbia - Pharmacist are not god

I work with a pharmacist who let her friendship with employees making working with rite aid unfair!! You have to go to church and believe the way she does or you get unfair treatment at the work place. I have been working for 14 years with rite aid. She lets the part time girls pick what days they can work. Lets the new people who have been there less than 1 year take vaction and leaves us short. Today I had to fight to take my 2 personel days i earned and had wrote down on calender for 2 months,because a new girl had a doctors apointment and of course the pick of the girls(part timers) will only work the days they pick! I wish rite aid would look into the unfair practices at rite aid !!!how can part time people pick there day , we have one who will only work thursdays, fridays and every fourth saturday and sunday! Sometimes a full times person has things to do!!!

Rite Aid in North Conway, New Hampshire - Was lied to

called pharmacy to c if they where still open. she said yes for 15mins. i raced down there.iam 5mins away from rite aid.went in the door asked manger if pharmacy was opened he told me no. i drove out back to the drive through and the pick up window inside was still up and the pharmacist was rite there waiting. i told her what the manger said and she was surprised. i really needed my maripex for my r.l.s. thank god for the pharmacist she helped me. not the first time i have had a problem with this manger.very rude . the manger saw me go around back and by the time i talked to pharmacist she turn and said the manger shut of her register off it was still 5 mins. to nine. im from no.conway nh 03860.this is where this rite aid is located.
#662037

boohoo?

:eek In all my years I have never understood why there are so many idiots in this world. People that don't hear what is being said, people that have lost all common sense and people that can never be pleased. Are you related to my ex-wife?

View more comments (1)