Hutton Onv

Room for improvement

Rite Aid has great deals on clearance items so I'll buy about 20 items in one transaction. But at checkout I feel like I'm a nuisance to the cashier and the other people in line. The checkout counter is always cluttered too. The cashier scolded me for putting too many items on the desk at once.
Pros:
  • Good clearance
Cons:
  • Needs more emloyees

Preferred solution: Reassurance

User's recommendation: Use the self checkout

Nonya b Nyk

| map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Very poor customer service in the pharmacy

I went to pick up my prescription, and they tell me they can't bill my insurance and that I need to call them. Then some lady behind me yells at me to go inside. Then the pharmacist apologizes to the lady that's yelling at me instead of helping me. So I leave and call my insurance then go back only for them to close the gate in my face and go to lunch!!! So I sit there for another 30 minutes and now Im still waiting for help!!!These women were rude and very unprofessional!!! I am switching my pharmacy immediately.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else where they treat you with respect

Glenn K Sjp

| map-marker Scarsdale, New York

I am reviewing the Rite Aid in Hartsdale, N.Y. because it is the most useless store in existence. I have been going into Rite Aid on a daily basis and I have never gotten everything I needed

Rite Aid has never, EVER had all the products people go in to buy. I have been shopping daily for almost 8 years and each and every time I go into Rite Aid to shop I leave with less then half of the items I actually went in for.

I contacted the corporate offices to tell them about this situation and how due to the fact that many seniors live here and are forced to shop in Rite Aid, that many people are doing without necessities, and I was dismissed summarily.

Following correspondence was completely ignored. Of course, the shelfs are still constantly bare leaving neighbors without many, many food stuffs, and household items.

User's recommendation: Shop anywhere else

Chandra R Ads

Verified Reviewer

For a complaint need to speak to someone in reference to a Corr Point

I need to speak to someone in reference to a complaint at you all Rite Aid in Colonial Heights, Virginia

Preferred solution: To speak to watch someone that works for Rite Aid’s corporate office

map-marker Frostburg, Maryland

Need to pick up multiple medications

No employees answering phone in pharmacy. Been calling for 48 hrs. Front desk part of store answered and said to file a complaint to corporate and then hung up the phone on customer of 20 yrs and trying to get medication for autistic son.

User's recommendation: Don’t chose Rite Aid for medications

Yaser Hbm
map-marker Fort Bragg, California

Pharmacy refusing to give covid on hand to cancer patient

rite aide's pharmacy computer will only allow 7 covid shots per person since 2021 even if cancer status required 8-10 shots.
Pros:
  • Clean store
Cons:
  • Understaffed and it sucks

User's recommendation: don't go to Rite Aide

Amy P Els
map-marker Manchester, New Hampshire

My local 24 hour store is never open anymore

I am a big fan of this Rite Aid location on McGregor Street in Manchester New Hampshire, right next to our hospital Catholic medical center. However, they are supposed to be 24 hours and lately they seem to be closing early and saying its due to staffing.

They usually have a security officer there, who is very nice and sometimes seems to even work in the store and theres another older security guard there at times overnight. There is also been quite a lot of traffic in the area and in the parking lot area surrounding the store from homeless people. Im not sure if this is why theyve been closing down in the evenings but recently I was at the store walked right up to the door and both security guard stopped me and said that they were closed.

They recognize me know me Im a customer that regularly shops there. Im a nurse and I rely on it to be open.

Preferred solution: I would like them to be able to keep the doors open 24 hours like the sign says.

Guest

I am sure this business would like to be open 24 hours as well. They cannot possibly be enjoying all the sales they are missing out on.

But yes, many businesses are faced with staffing issues, which forces them to have shorter business hours. Hopefully, they will be able to find good, reliable staff soon.

Sonya N Gjz

| map-marker Alexander City, Alabama

Dissatisfaction

I am visiting Pittsburgh to move my daughter into college. My 94 yr old mom was traveling with me and she suffers from arthritis.

We were staying at the Marriott Hotel in the downtown area and she needed to have some arthritis strength Tylenol. It was approximately 9:35 pm and I searched for a drug store to get the medication. The only drug store that was open was Rite Aid located 100 Forbes Ave. I retrieved my vehicle from the hotel and arrived at Rite Aid at 9:54pm.

It would have taken me no more than 2 mins to find The Tylenol and head to check out however the employee had already locked the door and refused to let me enter. I spoke to him through the glass and confirmed that the store was closing at 10:00. I held up my phone to share that the current time was now 9:55. I was still refused entry.

There were also other patrons still in the store. I fully understand that stores have closing hours as I have several years experience in large retail settings. I have never refused a customer access to a store prior to the posted store close times.

If given a choice, it is doubtful that I will return to any RIte Aid store if this is a condoned practice. Thank you.

Sonya Nelson

904-735-****

Pros:
  • Hours
Cons:
  • Locations

Willmer Tnk

So because of ONE bad employee in ONE store, you will boycott the whole company. Honey, at this rate by the time you are your mom's age you will have boycotted almost every store or restaurant since you will probably have a bad experience.

Talya Dbn

| map-marker Antioch, California

This is only regards the pharmacy and staff. After calling Rite-Aid Corporate, who could care that I even called, They still don't answer the phone after redialing opt #3 for over 47mins!!!!!!!

I have been calling for over 35 mins and no one answered the phone. This is how is always is trying to get through to any of your pharmacies in Antioch!!!
Cons:
  • Pharmacy staff

Preferred solution: Answer the phone!!!!

User's recommendation: Alternate by 2's. Answer 2 calls, take 2 customers inside & 2 at the window. Problem solved, everyone is "HAPPY" !!!!!!!

Marcia B Zhb

| map-marker Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania

Can't get my medicine

I have a script from my heart doctor for veripamil 3 times a day. It has 1 refill on it.

Good till2024. Doctor tried to put me on an extended release a few months ago. Riteaid called said insurance wouldn't pay. I said no problem I will stick to what I have.

I called it in Thursday for a refill. My husband went to pick up today and she talked to me on the phone that I would have to get a script from my doctor again. Why? Now I have to go all weekend without my high blood pressure pills.

That's not right. I have to call Monday but I'm so sick of this company anymore. And I know what will happen. I'll get the script and get a call they have to order it.

Happens all the time with inhalers that I need. Believe I will go somewhere else not that you care.

Loss:
Pros:
  • People are nice
Cons:
  • Policy sucks apparently
  • Always has to order medicine when you need to refill

User's recommendation: Never

map-marker Hudsonville, Michigan

Wrong dosage more than once...

Diabetic medication was dispersed twice with incorrect dose .. Corlanor heart medication also given with wring dose ... Definitely could be a dangerous outcome... Theybneed to be more careful while filling.. Also they always give me trouble With a coupon program my insurance participates with and tried to bill far to much money..

User's recommendation: Be very careful check your medication before leaving... If your cost appears to be to much reach out to your insurance Before you accept the cost.

Anthony B Mij
map-marker Halfmoon, New York

The pharmacy in the store is very flaky and I have to go through *** to get my prescriptions. I'm a heart patient and a cancer survivor. I cannot stand the way this store of yours makes me feel when

For months now, the store at Milwaukie Marketplace, in Milwaukie, Oregon 97222, has been seriously understaffed in their pharmacy, leaving me in a very stressful situation. Every month, I have to go through *** to get my medications. I am a heart patient and cancer survivor. My elderly mother, a 30 year customer there, finally changed to a different pharmacy because of all the stress. The manager, Tracy has become very rude to deal with over these issues. Please help us!

Preferred solution: A better store like it used to be.

User's recommendation: Do not use their pharmacy!

map-marker Livermore, California

Complaint

So I fill my prescriptions at Rite Aid and Im on auto refill but the auto refill aint working because theyre not filling my prescriptions in time so when I called them on my mom was ready to run out and I called them they said oh will fill it for you right now mind you I said a few words in the pharmacy told me if you dont like it, you can go somewhere else. This is the second time the pharmacist told me that and I called the supervisor and talk to them about it.

Evidently its not getting through to the pharmacy I transfer my prescriptions to CVS.

You guys also might want to do the same thing. Rite Aid sucks.

User's recommendation: Go to CVS

Monifa Ljp
map-marker Newark, Delaware

Horrible and unprofessional service at pharmacy

The pharmacy at the Rite Aid located at 701 Governors Square in Bear, Delaware is TRASH. The workers are incompetent and the service is substandard.

There is no service between 1:30-2:00.

Has Rite Aid never heard of staggered lunch breaks? So a customer coming to retrieve a prescription on his/her lunch break receives no service because all of the pharmacy idiots are at lunch at same time. Then customers have to yell or bang on the window because its past 2:00 and they still havent reopened! Lets top that off with a brain dead cashier who needs help from another brain dead cashier and meanwhile there is an idle cash register that NO ONE bothers to use.

Did I mention that there are 6 people behind me wondering whats going on? This branch should have closed down ages ago.

But for the convenient location, I would have NOTHING to do them.. I purposely have my prescriptions filled for 90 days just to minimize the stress and aggravation to only 4 times a year.

Rite Aid should just wave the white flag and surrender.

User's recommendation: Spare yourself the aggravation. Rite Aid pharmacy is awful.

Guest

As I see you stated that you get a lunch break? So, when a pharmacist that is working a 13 hour shift with no breaks including no lunch or dinner break and has no coverage, is inhumane.

So, rite aid heard their plea for wanting a lunch break. When the pharmacist is not on duty the pharmacy is closed. This is not for the technicians/cashiers. This is when the pharmacist who stands on their feet for 13 hr shifts, giving shots, answering every little problem the tech or customer has, looking at every script, every pill bottle before it goes out, calling drs offices, answering phones, and hey even cashing out customers.

But yeah, ok… they aren’t to get lunch because it cuts into your lunch time bc you can’t come during the 12 1/2hrs that they are open.

prioritize your time a little better. If you don’t like the service go elsewhere.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2420828

Clearly you can’t read. Never said a word about the pharmacist not having a lunch break.

I said that a company as large as Rite Aid should STAGGER the lunch breaks so that the CUSTOMER WHO SUPPORTS THE STORE can be serviced during lunch. If Rite Aid has its pharmacists on their feet for 13 hours~ that’s an issue they need to take up with Rite Aid.

*** customer service is no excuse. And before you come for me, pick up a pair of readers from Rite Aid and learn how to read.

Guest

The pharmacist goes to lunch at that time. There is only one pharmacist a day.

They open in the morning and stay till close. The clerks cannot stay in the pharmacy while the pharmacist is at lunch.

Go elsewhere. You won’t be missed.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2375052

I still say the customer service is trash. Clearly your standards and expectations are low.

Corporations like Rite Aid make millions from customers like me and as you claim provide only 1 pharmacist to administer vaccines, fill prescriptions, administer drug advice and ring up customers.

Unacceptable. You and your low standards be well.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2421670

You will find the same thing at CVS and Walgreens.

View more comments (4)
Genny S Uwx

Returned product

I returned a hearing aids I ordered on line through Rite Aid order #11028**** last March to Gorges Navarro at Hearing Assist. I have called you and Hearing Assist multiple times and have been told I should see my refund soon. No one returns my calls and I still after 3 months I have not gotten my refund. Im really frustrated by the lack of service . PLEASE can someone help me!!!
Pros:
  • I get great service at the store
Cons:
  • Do not get satisfactory service on line orders

Preferred solution: Full refund