Verified Reviewer

2.0

I called to establish my doctor was renewing my prescriptions. They seemed very dishonest and evasive about why they would not renew them as I wanted.

I was being put on a new medicine, so I wanted all three prescriptions refilled at the same time, so I would not have to go into the store more often than necessary. WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC. They said that I "had pills left on my other two medicines." I have about 40 days out of 90, true, but why not just make all three prescriptions match so I would not have to come in and risk COVID-19 more than necessary? They then said it was the insurance who refused, which seems like a lie.

But I reminded them they used to say that "the insurance refused" in resisting giving me the full 3 months instead of 1 month. So now that they give me the three months they are either lying or the insurance radically changed its policy. Even my family doctor complained when they refused to give 3 months but only refilled the medicines month by month. They said sometimes they gave it to me at low cost without the insurance because of a rite-Aid savings program that supposedly ended this month.

They refused to give me my medicine for two of the three prescriptions, refused to do free delivery the way many COVID-19 businesses do, and were completely 100% unhelpful. Next month I will travel out of state to see family over the holidays and will have to find out how to get my medicine because these control freaks won't sell me a water pill and a thyroid pill until I am down to my last pill. I have been a loyal Rite-aid customer for many years, doing a lot of business there, but I think it is time to change.

I definitely 100% will never shop there ever besides getting my medicines. I will probably tell my doctor to send the prescription to another pharmacy too once this one is finished...HORRIBLE PHARMACY SERVICE.....

User's recommendation: Go to other pharmacies.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Location: Highland, California

Comments

#1944597

Call your insurance company

#1944724
@PissedConsumer1944597

Your advice is trite and unhelpful. It sounds like the unhelpful, pass the buck advice Rite-aid would give.

But what good would it do? It is clear to me that Rite-Aid has lied about what they can and do provide to me for years. Even my doctor gets mad at them for refusing to fill the prescriptions as he writes them.

After years of being a loyal customer and receiving substandard treatment, it is easier and more in my interest just to dump them. I will be dumping Rite-Aid as a pharmacy the next time any of these prescriptions are filled and would not recommend them to others.

Rite Aid Reviews