Prescription Services

My name is Angela Fahlenkamp I dont know how many times Rite Aid has made me go without my pain medications but this is so fricking tiring that it causes me stress every month, going for days without it makes me go through withdrawals and the pain is excruciatingly hard to deal with....so having to deal with Rite Aid ALWAYS dropping the ball and running out makes my quality of life suffer tremendously, WHY??? BECAUSE OF POLICY!!!???!!???

people suffer so other people can roll their eyes when you cry when they tell you they are out, and you have to go without for two days and i really dont care if you suffer because we have policy...I suffer greatly when they dont do their job, and being that there isnt anything i can do about it, they just laugh and wave you off...pharmacist Trevor Swanson should be fired for his complete lack of compassion over the issue, no offer to help in any way other than to tell me "Go to the ER if you suffer that bad"! That was a lovely answer, this happens every time Anne goes on vacation, ive had this illness for 4 and a half years so its not like its a new subscription, they know every month that im coming on the 8th, but this continues to happen, Why cant this be fixed?????

Comments

JellyDoll

Um, also, you may not wish to leave your full name. This is a public site.

JellyDoll

Have you tried calling them a week in advance to let them know that you will be running out soon, so they can order it for you? Try that.

Or, failing that, ask them if they can check nearby pharmacies to see if anyone else has it and can fill it for you. They really can't keep track of who's medications are due on what date - unfortunately, it's just not possible. You have to be proactive and stay on top of it. Sad but true - you are only one of hundreds of customers with pain scrips.

It's a first come, first serve business.

They cannot predict quantity supply, nor can they hold it aside for you. Call them a week in advance, TELL them you will be coming in on the 8th and ask them to please make sure they order it and it will be in stock.

to JellyDoll #1515142

Couldn't agree more. The staff at Rite Aid probably cover hundreds of people at that one store alone, and they have more work to do than just constantly monitoring everybody's prescriptions.Something that I learned working for 4 years in customer service is that people will come up with any sob story they can think of to try to strong-arm employees into giving in to their demands. Maybe you really do suffer from severe pain when you have to wait for your medication, but chances are they hear the exact same thing from 80+ percent of their customers and they're just sick of people using it as an excuse to act entitled.

to Anonymous #1515371

The problem was that the idiot didnt fill out the proper forms, so nobody in this side of town got their meds, nice how you think I'm acting entitled.....you must be a Trumster....only people who have no idea what it is to be in chronic pain say stupid *** like that!

to Anonymous #1515607

You can insult me with every name in the book but NEVER suggest that I support that ambient dumpster.

to JellyDoll #1515375

I have done and said all of that, the idiot didnt do his job, he didnt fill out the paper work right, people will never understand chronic pain until they have it, until then they continue to think they know more than doctors do...the only ones who suffer is the patients...

to Anonymous #1515625

I work in a pharmacy. I know more about this than you think I do.

Who didn't fill out paperwork correctly? Because there is no paperwork involved on the pharmacists part. Are you talking about the doctor? Because if the doctor made an error, it can only be fixed by the doctor - the pharmacy cannot override it.

You are not making any sense. Please explain what paperwork has to do with this. What medications do you take? What is the days supply?

Are you taking them as prescribed?

Do you fill early? It really IS up to the Pharmacist whether or not to fill a scrip, based on the frequency of your refills or your behavior.

Your {{Redacted}} has become worse than your pain problem. Return to your physician and discuss more strategies to combat your physical / psychological issues. 4-1/2 years on the same pain medication is too long.

to Anonymous #1515369

Funny how everyone thinks they are doctors, even though you dont know what I have or what ibe been through, thanks for your comment but it leaves alot left to be said

to Anonymous #1518832

Go to C 50 collaltion for your state and also Don’t punish Pain rallies for your state We are fighting for our RIGHTS as chronic pain patients. Big difference than the “opioid epidemic “ that STREET drugs has caused. Good Luck