Resolved

I came to the company as a cashier with K&B in 1995 as a pharmacy student and stayed with the company until I was a pharmacy manager in a store in Petal MS where we filled approx.2000 plus rx per week.

Related: Rite Aid shorting on pills

I had two staff pharmacists and 10 techs full and part time. I truly felt that I would retire from that store until Joe westfall became our PDm. He is NOT a PHARMACIST and knew nothing of the profession but felt he knew ALL of the business end and that was what he pushed and pushed and pushed until he pushed me out and I left the company I loved to go to an independent down the street with none of the JOE needling and harassing.

Rite-aid needs to adopt the NO PDM unless the person has been a pharmacist policy chain-wide and maybe some of us would be career long employees.

I'm sad to be gone from the company and would love to have had the chance to retire there but Joe made me feel that I could never measure up and could never make the grade even though I had the number one or two store in his district every year I was under his dreadful supervision.A business major has no place in pharmacy management in a major PHARMACY chain.

Review about: Pharmacist Policy.

I liked: Staff at local store-i hired them.

I didn't like: Upper mgmt toopushy and not pharm.

5.0
Prescription Services
Insurance Plans Acceptance
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Rite Aid Pharmacist
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss micro managing jerk of a PDM / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rite Aid?

Comments

The reason these pharmacists can't adapt to Joe's management style is because they can't meet the expectations of the company.Joe has been a great PDM, he understands and ensures his teams are compliant in all areas of pharmacy compliance.

He has given me more insite to pharmacy operations then my past 'licensed' PDM's. Some people just can't adapt to change, even when it's in their best interest. Joe has helped me become a better pharmacist and better manager.

He has always been straight forward and gaven me great direction.I feel he always has my back and will be there to help me through any situation.

I work for Kmart Pharmacy and we are having the same issues you described above with Joe Westfall.There is NO place for a business major who doesn't have a pharmacy background to be managing pharmacists who are far more educated and understand the meaning of patient care.

He lacks proper judgment and has had to go back on his words several times with several pharmacists in the company.

Poor choice Kmart Corp and poor Kmart pharmacists, many of whom are leaving because of Joe Westfall and his shortcomings.

Los Angeles, California, United States #913057