How are they even getting away with this?? I had a prescription filled here today.

For insurance purposes, my Rx money is all on a HRA/HSA account card and is only to be used for approved purposes. Today I noticed an extra charge of .89 on my medication. It was a KidCents donation. I can't donate money from this account - it's only for Rx purchases and doctor visits, but they refused to remove the charge when I pointed it out and complained.

The cashier called a manager over for help, but the charge still was not removed. This will cause a discrepancy when my deductible is met or at year's end. They said they opted me out for future purchases. However, there will be no future purchases from them.

I'm angry over this and it doesn't even seem legal to me.

They basically just steal money from customers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a class action suit over this in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rite Aid Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 02.

Comments

I am confused as to why the cashier and or supervisor didn't explain that the Kidscents donation is not at all something the cashier added. I am a cashier at a Rite Aid.

At some point and time, the question to donate appeared on the credit/debit card kiosk. At some point, you or someone you allow to use your card hit the YES button. Probably not realizing what you were signing up for. I know at our store, lots of people didn't realize they authorized the donation.

When i explain to them the prompt on the kiosk, inevitable they say " Oh! I did't realize I said yes to EVERY purchase.

As far as removing it, i didn't know we could either at first.I hope this clarifies things a bit. I am sorry you had such a terrible experience.