Verified Reviewer

2.4

Tried to refill prescription. Used on-line order process.

Successful refill 'verified' on-line. Showed up at store to pick up, 2 days later. Refill not ready. Rite-Aid said it was insurance problem.

Called insurance company, it was not an insurance company issue. Waited and waited for resolution. Then, Rite-Aid offered to refill for only 30 days instead of the usual prescribed 90 days. I could not accept this.

Moved prescription across the street to another pharmacy. They attempted to fill it, but received erroneous information from Rite Aid. Had to revisit Rite Aid and had Rite Aid pharmacy staff speak directly to my insurance company. They got it straightened out and then I went back across the street and got my 90 day refill fulfilled.

Total time elapsed, over one hour. Aggravation?

Priceless.

My insurance company started an internal complaint against Rite Aid and may remove them as a 'preferred' pharmacy.

My experience with this particular pharmacy has been fraught with long wait times, alleged 'problems' communicating with insurance companies, but worst of all - several different pharmacy staff individuals over the past few years exhibit bad attitude and were snippy and curt. My impression is that they are understaffed, overworked, or poorly compensated; likely reasons for poor treatment of customers..

User's recommendation: find another pharmacy other than Rite Aid.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rite Aid Cons: Extraordinarily frustrating and dysfunctional customer relations.

Comments