2.1K views

Just got ripped off by them automatically rounding off to nearest dollar for some charity of theirs.Did not even ask me first like stores usually do and then refused to return my money when I realized they over charged me.

I have three charities I give to every year that I trust, I do not appreciate them automatically taking my money like that, and rude on top of it all.

Imagine if all stores started to do that!I will never shop there again plenty of other drugstores around!

Comments

I’ve been with Rite Aid since it started Kid Cents.You HAD to opt in.

At no point did they just auto apply kid cents. It’s been going on for 3 years. Your just noticing? Maybe you forgot.

We can’t ring up a customer without thier answer input on the keybad. Yes, all the time, or yes, just this time or no. Why didn’t u look at the receipts every time you shopped there? We have an opt out button on the register.

You have to ask to be opt out. Can’t read your mind. The charity is your districts local charity or Rite Aid children’s charity choice or choose your own.

Go to kidcents.com and enroll where u want it to go and get your tax deductions form.It’s not a Scam.

I just noticed last evening that they have been doing this to me as well.I called and they said to bring the receipt back and they would refund.

They also said they opted me out of it for future. I told them I have ALL my receipts and I am going thru them and they are going to refund me every penny. This is deceitful, fraudulent and they just lost me as a customer.

I too can't wait for the class action law-suit.Bad business and I know I never signed up for it!

Sacramento, California, United States #1329318

I agree with many of the comments.we are a family of two and never were asked if we wanted to round up for kids cents but here we are.we were told by the clerks it couldn't be in undone by them.finally a clerk in another town gave me a number to call and finally got unenrolled.i too feel this is probably a good charity but feel the way rite aid went about it is fraud,and i am waiting for the class action.i think that is the only way they will learn to do it the right way.we give to a lot of charities and will continue to but it needs to be our choice not. riteAids.......it is plain fraud the way they did it and never did they say" I am sorry",just we must of enrolled when it is obvious by the many other comments that many people had the same experience.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1301744

They have been ripping me off too.

Garner, North Carolina, United States #1262316

Everyone here is so dumb...yeahe, it asked you on the keypad, and yeah you hit "yes, every time" instead of "yes, just this one time" or "no." YOU made a mistake.....YOU weren't paying attention and hit the wrong button...or maybe ur husband or kid who had the same card as you hit the wrong button one time. Take a freaking Xanax and stop complaining. I'm sorry the cashier or manager had to deal with *** things like this.

to Anonymous New York, New York, United States #1344280

Sorry dingus, customers are not asked to answer yes or no on key pay.

to Anonymous #1411736

Inuse a chipped card so your the dummy

Melbourne, Florida, United States #1259873

This is a scam.Plain and simple.

We don't know where the money is going and we are not agreeing to pay into it. Did you read all 100 pages of the terms and conditions on every single thing you buy or download? Give me a break.

I can't wait for the lawsuit, which is coming soon.That's going to take a lot of money out of your little scamming hands.

Melbourne, Florida, United States #1259871

This is happening in Michigan and they are claiming YOU signed up for it.Their explanation is that you must have "accidentally" hit the button that gives them the authority to charge you for kidcents on every purchase you make, without consent.

This is the most brazen scam I've ever seen from such a large retailer and chain.

If there is a lawsuit I want in.I've had to "opt out" of this scam multiple times already, and I know I never agreed to it.

San Juan Capistrano, California, United States #1205265

Rite Aid used to ask at the point-of-sale whether a customer wanted to donate to their Kidcents charity.If you say yes ONE TIME, it then automatically continues to put it on your purchases without your permission.

So if you go in a hundred times a year, they've scammed over $100 bucks off of you! It's a complete gimmick! I called the store and they told me I had to go into the store to change the automatic charitable donation.

So I'm going to do it.

BTW, I give to many charities and donate a lot of my time volunteering for causes that are dear to my heart.However, having Rite Aid force their charity onto my purchases is just wrong, wrong, wrong.