69 views
Verified Reviewer

I had my prescription filled in October and November at Rite Aid. It was $86.00.

that's high, but doable. I take it in in December. They try to charge me $350.00. How can that be possible.

400% increase. Ridiculous. I told this new pharmacist, fine, go ahead and fill it. I will go to corporate after this.

Then he flat out lies, and tells me they can't fill until exactly 30 days, per government regulations. I have worked at a pharmacy previously, I know the laws as well. They can fill at 28 days. So why he lied after trying to rip me off, by marking up 400%, is beyond me.

I just think he was lazy and didn't want to do his job.

The pharmacist acts as though, that's the only pharmacy around. I finally told the idiot to give me my prescription back. I was not driving back in in two day's. I walked into another pharmacy and had it filled, no problem.

I know from working in a pharmacy that they have a low price in the computer, that they can give you.

He must have picked the highest price for me.

Then he had the nerve to ask me why I don't have insurance. Is that any of his business?? I think not. I don't have insurance for a time period of two months.

But, that's not his business. Some of these pharmacists should have went to medical school, as they are of the opinion they know what meds are best for you, how many you should or should not take a day, and why you do or do not have insurance.

Their job is to count pills and put them in a bottle. That's it!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rite Aid Pharmacist.

Reason of review: pricing/poor customer service/liars.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 200 Pharmacy Dr, Smyrna, DE 19977

Comments

You seem to have a rather low opinion of pharmacists. Perhaps you are unaware of the educational and licensing requirements in order to become one.

Look it up. His asking why you don't have insurance is an innocuous question but a rather pertinent one considering the expensive drug(whatever it is, you say not)you are taking.

By all means, have your scripts filled elsewhere. Perhaps Walmart would be more to your liking?

@Machele

*** answer

@PissedConsumer1808287

I get the feeling that this h.kitchener/Machele character is somewhat like the Wizard on The WIzard of Oz. It would be interesting to see who or what was behind the curtain!

@Machele

these pharmacists are not licensed, not educated, just read labels off bottles, most Rx are electronic now a days creating more fraud.

Rite Aid Reviews